If your question is not answered here, please email us or call us and we will do our best to assist you. :
1. Do I need Insurance to utilize the studio? YES. You are responsible for your own insurance to cover damage and liability. You must add Just 4 Us Foundation as a rider on the policy. Proof of insurance is due before your scheduled shoot date. Failure to provide insurance information will result in an automatic cancellation. The deposit is non-refundable
2. What happens if I get hurt on set? You must agree to a hold harmless agreement and understand that use of the studio is at your own risk and liability.
3. Do I need to get a permit to film at the studio? You do not need a permit, however if you plan to film outside of the studio, appropriate permits will be needed You are also allowed to use the outside of the FRONT or REAR of the studio upon approval of staff.
4. What are the rules for the studio?
1. No SMOKING, VAPING or ALCOHOL allowed in the building. Smoking is allowed in the REAR of the building and the there is a container for cigarette butts. You will be held responsible for making sure that cigarette butts are in the container. Failure to clean-up smoking related debris. will result in a $75 dollar cleaning fee. 2. No flames, fake blood, etc without prior approval. 3. No animals allowed inside studio. 4. Please stage all equipment in designated areas to avoid damage. 5. Keep areas around set clear at all times. 6. No painting/aresols indoors. 7. If you need to hang pictures, you must use Command Strips. 8. All furniture and décor that is moved, must be returned to original position after filming. 9. Although you have the entire studio at your disposal, clean up after your production and please be mindful of others coming in behind you. 10. Practice Social Distancing 11. Crew MUST wipe and spray the areas that were used. Failure to comply will result in cleaning fee. 12. We are NOT the only business on the row. We ask that production crew be mindful of noise levels. 13. No fighting, disruptive or disrespectful behaviors. Please NOTE that one persons behavior can hinder the entire production. All cast/crew will be asked to leave for violation of ANY of these rules with NO REFUND.
5. When are we able to scout the studio? We allowing location scout by appointment only. Potential clients can call the studio and a staff will be willing to answer any questions you may have. You can also look at the website to get a basic idea of what we offer. Scouting is NOT allowed during filming.
6. What areas are we to clean d upon completion of set? All areas and equipment used must be cleaned and ready for next crew. SANITIZED, Floors swept, removal of tape markers, wipe up spills, counter tops etc. The crew coming in behind you should not have to clean behind you.
7. How do we calculate hours? Booking is done in 4, 8, and 11 hour increments. Your time begins when the first cast/crew enters the studio.
8. How is the parking? hParking has always been an issue for filmmakers/artists. There is plenty of parking in the rear of the building. We ask that cast/crew DO NOT park in the pizza store spaces (front/side rear) nor the green door spaces (front). We are the only 3 businesses on the row and we operate in harmony.
9. Is the studio soundproof? IAWS is not 100% soundproof. As a studio that caters to independent and budget conscious projects whose rates are significantly less than others, we ask that you bear with us. Thus far, we’ve been able to have successful projects. The main street that leads to the studio has very little traffic. The neighbors next door teach art classes at times.
10 My child is a student filmmaker, how are discounts applied for students? Currently the rates IAWS are signifcantly low, therefore student discounts does not apply . We have set rates across the board. If IAWS increase their rates, student discounts will be applied.
When we begin to implement student discounts, they must have letter from school verifying that they are doing a student project along with student ID.
11. I need extra time, can I schedule for more time? At this time we are not allowing overages. We strongly suggest that you plan your production carefully, as we only have 30 minute intervals before the next crew starts. If you run 15 minutes over you will be charged $100.00 and your production will be stopped.
12. I paid my deposit and can’t make the date can I get my deposit back? Deposits are NON -REFUNDABLE. Once a deposit it made, it locks that slot in and IAWS is unable to re-book. If a cancellation is made 30 days in advance there is a full refund of deposit. In some cases there will be a$125.00 cancellation fee for cancellations made within 20 days of production.
13. How far in advance can I book a production? You can book up to six months in advance.
14. We are scheduled for filming how do we access the studio? If all documents are submitted and verified, you will be provided with a code to access the building. PLEASE NOTE: If you booked a time and DO NOT have the insurance rider, you will not be allowed to film here and there is NO REFUND. Therefore we urge you to comply.
15. I would like to book one of your partner locations for my film. What is the process. The process to use Our Friends of the Studio property is the same as booking for the studio. However, as these places are on a upper scale, your rates can range from $135 per hour to 200 per hour. Once you have been approved to use our Friends of the Studio property, instructions will be provided. –A JFUF staff will be meet your team at the location and will also ensure that the production runs smoothly.